Chief Key Expert Plant Chemistry
He was working from 1983 until January 2019 at Siemens Power Generation.
He had initially started in the chemical analytical laboratory in Erlangen before he became a Chemical Commissioning Engineer, where he was involved in numerous projects (nuclear and fossil fired and combined cycles) around the globe during their commissioning ceriod until 1995.
From 1995 on he worked for 3 years in the Design Department of Siemens Power Generation for Water Treatment Plants and Power Plant Chemistry.
Between 1998 and 2013 he was the head of Department Power Plant Chemistry and Chemical Cleaning.
Part of his duties included leading the Department for Plant Cleaning Concepts as well as the Chemical Commissioning Engineers, who are responsible for the entire chemistry of a power plant during erection and commissioning for 15 years.
Beside that he also supported over many years the O&M group in all matters related to operational chemistry questions.
The below listed topics had been the major duties and responsibilities:
- Consultant for the engineering departments regarding chemical cleaning, preservation and steam cleaning concepts
- Consultant for all chemical O&M topics
- Member in several VGB committees regarding chemistry and water processing.
- Member of VGB European Technical Committee
- Chairman of IAPWS PCC working group
- Speaker at international conferences e.g. ICPWS, IAPWS; PCIS, PPCHEM, VGB and others
- Instructor and Technical Trainer at VDI (Association of German Engineers)
- Member of the International Advisory Board of PowerPlant Chemistry® Journal
In 2013 he was appointed as Key Principal Expert for Plant Chemistry at Siemens PG.
Since February 2019 he started at PPCHEM AG, Hinwil, Switzerland as Chief Key Expert for Plant Chemistry to conduct worldwide Seminars, Lectures and Conferences on all power plant chemistry related topics, as well as to provide individual technical consultancy.