Format and Main Topics
The forum will consist of long and short presentations, with the latter including short plant updates or interesting recent
HRSG experiences. There will be a panel and workshop on important HRSG themes as well as discussion periods on
questions from the participants. The following represent some of the topics that will be covered:
• HRSG tube failures (HTF) (FAC, thermal fatigue, creep-fatigue, under-deposit corrosion)
• Pressure part failure mechanisms related to condensate, drains, and attemperator systems
• Identifying and avoiding damaging thermal transients in pressure parts
• Water treatment and cycle chemistry for HRSGs
• HRSG preservation for different operational modes
• Behavior and measurement of total iron for operation and daily start/stop
• Material selection and new material applications
• Optimization of plant controls
• Environmental aspects
• Fast Start HRSGs
• Balance of plant including the steam turbine, condenser, and air-cooled condenser.
This IAPWS conference is being organized by PPCHEM AG.
More information on the venue and registration fees to be announced.
The conference language will be English.
Barry Dooley (Chair) (Structural Integrity Associates, UK)
Bob Anderson (Competitive Power, USA)
Dan Blood (Uniper Technologies, UK)
Jose-Maria Bronte (Bahía Bizkaia Electricidad, Spain)
Jean-François Galopin (Cockerill/CMI, Belgium)
Raymond Gunnewijk (Siemens, The Netherlands)
Roula Kastanaki (PPC, Greece)
Michael Rziha (PPCHEM, Switzerland)
Stuart Strachan (GE, UK)
The conference will consist of both invited and contributed technical papers.
Use this opportunity to share your experiences with your peers and submit a presentation for the EHF 2020.
Abstracts must be submitted by November 15, 2019 to guarantee consideration.
The presenters will be notified of acceptance by December 15, 2019.
There will be a special vendor exhibition at the conference. Sponsorship opportunities are also available.
For more information please contact Tapio Werder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The event will be taking place in Strasbourg, France.
Exact Location will be announced soon.
More information about the fees will be available soon!